Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

workaholic confessions

I'm a workaholic, confessed to be and know it is a part of my make up. If I had been a business man I have no doubt I would have succeeded but I have always taken a different route and yet, the workaholic tendencies are still there. Some folks look at them and call them passion. Some look and call those same tendencies what they are, an ever consuming overwhelming of fear that if I don't work longer, harder, and smarter than everyone else the people I am providing for will suffer. The shame of that type of thinking the people I love the most suffer anyway.

Yup, I'm a workaholic. Will most likely die one. It is a sad way to live a life but a trap it seems hard to break free from, regardless of the motivation.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

man, you are alone in that club, buddy..I am not!!

2:26 PM  
Blogger -c said...

we're all "holics" of some sort, but unfortunately, some such diseases aren't motivated by a desire to help others... If ya just gotta get yer fix, best help someone along the way...

Wow! So happy you're back!! I really missed your writing! Just knowing you're still out there has inspired me to get back on my neglected blogging! Welcome back, frustrated!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Welcome back, from the biggest workaholic i know!

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home