Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Televison Metamorphesis

I can remember when I started my current position how nervous I would be whenever I had to get in front of a camera. The thought of the unanticipated question catching you off guard or even worse, having them take a sound bit and then slicing it where your statements are taken out of context was enough to have your stomach in knots. Those moments before live interviews would find me pacing anxiously and having to mentally calm myself down.

Now... hmm, I arrive at the station, chat with everyone, share jokes and swap stories with the studio people and feel totally at ease. Let them ask the unanticipated question, in fact, please ask it because it makes the interaction spontaneous and fun. Several I would even consider friends instead of acquaintances and can rely on them to step in and help out the Clubs for any events.

I guess time heals more than wounds, it heals fears too. That which used to twist me up now is considered fun.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger STAG said...

Yeah, no doubt. I still get a few butterflies when I first stand in front of a class and all those eyes are checking to see if my fly is up. The urge to check is almost impossible to resist, but resist I must lest I end up looking like I am "ahem" touching myself. So I tell my hands to just stay by my sides. Oh no, what do I do with my hands! Interlace my fingers and hold them in front of me...no...too preacher-like. By my side. No, too statuesque. Oh my, I must look like Ed Sullivan standing there. Say something....I can't...my mouth is so dry I can't speak. Well, say something...they have all shut up now. Its the beginning of the evening classes. Get started. Once you start you will be fine, and won't make any stupid mistakes. Okay, here goes....

Good Morning....

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

any kind of public speaking makes me nervous. I don't like being the center of attention. if I did more of it, I'm sure it would get to be second nature.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Depending on what I am talking about speaking in front of people can be hazardous to my health! Knowing the ham that you are... I am sure that you do VERY well in front of the camera now that you have gotten acclimated!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home