Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Steven Wright Sort of a Day

Whenever I just want a smile I like to read Steven Wright quotes... here are a few of my favorites.

My theory of evolution is that Darwin was adopted.

On the other hand, you have different fingers.

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.

So, do you live around here often?

Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?"

When I woke up this morning my girlfriend asked me, "Did you sleep good?" I said "No, I made a few mistakes."

Why is the alphabet in that order? Is it because of that song? The guy who wrote that song wrote everything.

So who makes you grin?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger CarpeDM said...

Who is Stephen Wright? Because this is funny.

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're making me laugh with these! I love the thought of someone afraid of widths, and can very easily relate to amnesia and deja vu at the same time.

have a great day!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

I like the one about widths as well... I am considering posting it in the lunchroom at work! Yup, I think it will go well right on the refrigerator door!

I have never heard of Steven Wright before... or at least I don't recall the name. Funny quotes!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

LOL, the guys a "dishevelled genius"!!

10:43 PM  
Blogger -c said...

I've heard the one about having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. It was followed by something like:
I feel like I've forgotten this all before.

Brilliant.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

Steven Wright is a comedian who delivers all of his material in a dead pan style. He was really popular in the 80's and early 90's.

-c, you're back! how was the trip?

1:59 AM  
Blogger -c said...

Frustrated- Wonderful! And, I missed you!

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home