Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Oscars!

I know the Oscar nominations are coming out on Tuesday and being an avid movie watcher I should weigh in and make some predictions of who I think will get nominated... Okay, I haven't seen any of the films that are the buzz, but having watched a few trailers, reading a few reviews, and listening to folks talk about them, I am going to venture a totally non-educated guess that is based upon pure calculated wild guessing.

Best Picture - I am going with Little Miss Sunshine (I actually did see this one and loved it...) I am thinking probably Dreamgirls or Departed will probably win.

Best Actor - Leonardo DiCappicino... I think he is due.

Best Actress - Meryl Streep for The Devil Wears Prada. Her other six are so lonely...

Best Supporting Actor - Eddie Murphy will probably get it for Dreamgirls and I'm cool with that but I am hoping it is Steve Carrell from Little Miss Sunshine.

Best Supporting Actress - Hmm, I will pick Meryl Streep for this category for A Prairie Home Companion. No, it isn't that great of a movie but she sure was cute in it.

Best Director - Clint Eastwood for Flags of our Fathers. Hey, I like Clint and anytime you can give Dirty Harry another piece of hardware, you should do it.

Best Song - Did anyone use a Nitty Gritty Dirt Band song this year? What? No? Then this category really doesn't matter, does it?

I know that probably none of these picks will even make the nomination but since I am just whistling in the dark and have already admitted total ignorance, then I will feel like a genius if any of them make it. A genius!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

I saw very few movies this past year, but I'm still excited about the Oscars. I've heard great things about Little Miss Sunshine - I'll have to rent it!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Demosthenes said...

methinks someone here has a crush on Meryl Streep.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Little Miss Sunshine made me gut laugh..my daughter made me come over and watch it..I laughed my head off then cried..such a great movie..

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home