Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thirteen Things About My Life Today

January 18, 2007

1. The temperature outside has finally risen above freezing. What a treat, we are at 33 degrees and should hit the forties today...only to have another front hit tonight that will bring more ice and snow, keeping us frozen into next week.

2. I have a date for Saturday night... if it doesn't get frozen out from all the predicted moisture. I hope not... sigh.

3. Had a chance to spend some time with two of the Ho's yesterday. What a great time and wonderful reminder of how precious friendship is. They kept me laughing, a good thing!

4. Slvr called last night to tell me the Boy had officially proposed and she had officially accepted. Congrats!

5. Talked with my mom and dad last night for an hour or so. They are doing much better and are in great spirits because they are finally getting past some of the pain, the bones are mending nicely, and they are half way through with their six weeks of no activity.

6. Talked with my oldest daughter, Cryss, last night and we had some lively conversation about so many different topics. We ended the conversation with what each other was cooking for supper; she was making a vegan taco salad (soy bean meat? oh please, kill me...) and I was making bisquits and gravy. I know my cardiologist would love my meal more...

7. I did all this talking on my new Blue Tooth! Yeah, finally got it in! It was a gift from my kids for Christmas. I love it! It is great to be hands free in the car.

8. Must remember to keep the cell phone with me when chatting on the Blue Tooth as it tends to disconnect when you walk out of range of the phone.

9. We have new computers in the office. I am still trying to get files and such transferred but they are exceptionally fast with fantastic RAM and processors! It is so great to work with 21st century equipment!

10. I have been fighting allergies. I am so ready for the cedars to stop popping!

11. I am reading a book called "First Break All the Rules." Good stuff!

12. Planning on cleaning the house top to bottom on Saturday morning. Purchased cleaning supplies from Wally World late last night and was thinking... "If you are getting excited about house cleaning then maybe you need a little more excitement in your life..."

13. Hmm, this is my first Thursday Thirteen that is just about what is going on in my life. It wasn't as painful as I thought it would be.

Happy TT everyone!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

Congrats on your date! I hope it goes wonderfully and that you have a fantastic time.

I have a copy (and have read parts) of "First Break All the Rules." That's the Gallop one, right? We just received the results from our Gallop Q-12 poll (an annual poll about people's opinions about their work). It always makes me nervous, but the results this year were great. Enjoy the book!

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home