Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Ice

We are iced in for a few days. The roads have been bad enough for plenty of wrecks but not bad enough to totaly shut down the town. I was worried for the kids as they headed back to school but they made it just fine. I am thinking being iced in isn't all that bad as it has been a chance to sit back and relax, catch up on some writing and reading, plus just kicking back and watch some football.

I did get a healthy dose of humility when I went to the gun show and slipped on the ice. Did a nice heels over head back flop, much to the delight of other gun nuts who were making their way into the building. Didn't hurt anything but my pride but luckily I did get a score of 9.3 for style and technical form from the laughing judges. Hey if you are going to make a fool out of yourself, do it with style, right?

So tonight I will curl up under the covers and watch Monk, maybe the Hula Bowl later. Yuppers, just laying here and enjoying the ice...

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Rhodent said...

Ouch... hope no bruises show.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Alisa said...

oh no! Luckily it was only your pride and that was a very nice score from the judges!

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is so easy to slip and fall on ice in heels, let me tell you. I always seem to land on my tail bone. ow!

10:06 AM  
Blogger brooksba said...

Ouch! Hope your back feels okay and that your pride has healed from the fall.

Iced in? How much ice did you get? Please tell me it was a significant amount.

12:30 AM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

We didn't get as much ice as some of our neighboring towns did since it actually took down some powerlines. Ours wasn't over a quarter of an inch here in town, but when folks don't know how to drive on it, it sure makes life interesting!

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home