Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Friday, January 19, 2007

A Dreary Day

This morning is one of those mornings when the temptation to crawl back under the covers is strong. The weather is miserable, the air is damp, and a dreariness is draped over the skyline, bringing me back to the desire to bury myself under the covers. If I had a fireplace, I would light a fire... if I had a chance to hop a plane to someplace where the sun was shining, I think I would.

But no. Obligations beckon me to get up, get dressed, and hit the bricks. I guess I will spend the day doing what I am supposed to but deep in my heart I will be envying some lucky sap who is waking up to a brilliant sunrise, the bright sky caressing his psyche, filling his day full of hope.

No, I'm not depressed but dreary days make me sad. Sigh.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain.
hope the weekend is full of sun so you can enjoy it!

7:31 AM  
Blogger brooksba said...

There should be a day once a month when everyone gets the opportunity to just crawl back into bed. There is nothing like it - staying in that still half dreaming state, curling up in already warm blankets, and just sleeping with no obligation to awake. Wow, I am almost talking myself out of going to work! I do hope the weather gets better for you.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

is it weird that I love these kind of days?..the sound of the rain reminds me that there is something much bigger then me going on out there...

don't worry..sun's coming soon..

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home