Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thursday 13 for 1/25/07

13 Reasons I should be President in 2008

1. I can smooze with the best of 'em.

2. I can eat almost anything, except liver, lima beans and any pudding that looks like it might have been the result of a really bad cold. I would be able to attend any State dinner.

3. I am from Texas. (Not sure why that matters but it makes me happy to say it.)

4. I am a true believer of the Constitution. I don't want anyone messing around with it for any reason (and yes, that definitely includes the 2nd Amendment).

5. I am a student of history. I figure I can take the best tricks, uh, I meant methods, of the best presidents and apply them.

6. I don't know Dick Cheney. I also wouldn't let anyone go hunting with Dick Cheney.

7. I would have a diversified cabinet. I don't care about your race, sex, creed, etc. I just care if you can get the job done. As I am not a party man, there would be no agendas of either mainstream party, just the agenda of what is good for America.

8. I would push for more wind energy, solar energy, and tell the oil companies to kiss my hybrid.

9. My foreign policy would fairly easy. If you're French, forget it. If you're a true ally, we'll help you. If you are going to spit on our face, welp, save your own butt.

10. My stance on the war in Iraq is fairly simple.

11. I have four kids who don't mind challenging me on anything political and cover the spectrum of political thought. I am fairly sure they would keep me straight.

12. My State of the Union addresses would always start with thirty minutes from the Blue Collar Comedy team, just to keep folks interested to hear the important stuff. Might even insert them between points...

13. After four years, I would leave and go fishing, play with grandkids, and pull practical jokes on the SS detail assigned to me. I would only attend important funerals and would promise to stay off CNN, FOX News, and all the Sunday morning news shows.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Alisa said...

You have my vote!

5:29 AM  
Blogger brooksba said...

Is this an announcement for the candidacy then? =)

12:05 PM  
Blogger STAG said...

You would take that job? You brave man!

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol! you'd be a breath of fresh air, that's for sure!

have a great weekend!

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home