Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Monday, November 27, 2006

A Visit to Al-Anon

Went to an Al-Anon meeting tonight and after an hour was impressed at the personal introspection and healing that takes place through their program. It ain't about fixin' the other person, it's about fixin' yourself.

In my case there isn't even an alcoholic involved but there are so many involved in the lives of the kids I serve so I thought maybe they could give me some insight into how I could help them. Lo and behold, it isn't "them" that needs the help, it is me. It was a great experience and worthy of a second glance.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Rhodent said...

Cudos to you!

8:05 PM  
Blogger -c said...

Oh, do tell more! Something "worthy of a second glance" deserves some more explanation. What kinds of people did you meet there? What methods did they use to help? (And, please let them know that I'll be a little late for the next meeting. Planes from LAX to TX always stop for whiskey breaks offshore...)

2:54 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

use to go to that meeting on Monday nights..and you are so right!!

3:58 PM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

Alateen is also a great program, one you may want to consider getting some of your kids involved with. Growing up with an alcoholic parent is not fun. I should know.

I'm impressed that you went just so you could relate better to your kids. That's awesome, Mark.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Onion said...

Welcome to Al-Anon Frustrated Writer. It gets better. Traditions are as irritating as steps to try to figure out but well worth it.

Onion

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home