Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Let me help you out...

Since Thanksgiving is upon us, I thought I would help you folks out with some killer recipes over the next few days that will surely please the family when they gather around table to feast upon the turkey and dressing.

For my vegetarian friends I thought I would start off with a personal favorite of mine.

Tofu Turkey Joy

Purchase a tofu turkey.
Purchase a case of 9mm rounds.
Place the tofu turkey into an aluminum roasting pan.
Place pan 25 yards from the back porch, preferably on an old tree stump.
Have the family lock and load.
On the given signal, everyone empties their 9mm's into the tofu turkey until nothing is left but miniscule pieces of tofu.
Go inside and eat a real turkey.
(Caution: Be sure when you place the tofu turkey on the stump there are not any houses, animals of worth, or people you care about, behind the roasting pan. However, you can have in-laws you aren't so fond of stand behind the tofu turkey to catch stray bullets...).

Raccoon on a Stick

Catch a small raccoon. Two if you are expecting a large crowd.
Skin the raccoon. Field dress the raccoon (that would be removing the guts and other non-edibles)
Wash the meat.
Get a stick.
Skewer the raccoon.
Baste the raccoon in your favorite pre-smoking sauce.
Place the raccoon and stick into your smoker.
Smoke for six hours.
Pull the raccoon into nice even portions, skewer with smaller sticks
Set on table and step back. Watch the eating frenzy...

Okay, there are your first two. Will post desserts next.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Hopalong Cassidy said...

"Raccoon on a Stick", sounds tempting. I'll see if I can catch a small one and try the recipe out in time for Thanksgiving day football on TV.

P.S.
What a novel idea, posting the same thing twice, back to back!! I am commenting on the bottom half posting but does the double post mean thatI'm suppossed to post the same comment on the top half posting also?

1:25 PM  
Blogger brooksba said...

Um, yeah, while funny, I don't think I'll be stopping by for Thanksgiving. =) Cute post!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Tofu turkey. Oh yum. I was immediately thinking molitov cocktail but I guess you pretty well covered it with the 9mm rounds.

Again, Happy TD

6:59 AM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

Wow, what a treat to see you back on the blog! How ya doing WH? Man, this is a treat.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home