Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Thanksgiving preparations

As Thanksgiving is just a week away, my family is preparing for the annual feast. I've not heard mention about the annual Wheezer vs. Geezer Bowl and it may be a sign the Wheezers have finally accepted their fate of always losing and are conceding to the Geezers. Man, let me savor that thought for a moment... wow, that is truly glorious.

As for the big meal my little brother orchestrates the ordeal as everyone chips in and brings dishes while my grandmom cooks the turkey and dressing. My role in this meal is to provide:

Fumi Salad
Pecan Pie
Apple Pie
Plastic Ware and Plates
and... if I can find some nice stalks at a reasonable price, my famous pan-seared asparagus.

I did offer to bring Raccoon on a Stick but was turned down. Man, some folks just don't want to try new things.

It will be great to see most of the family and enjoy the stories, playing 42, and hopefully, tossing the football around. I believe this is my favorite holiday of the year. Bring on the turkey!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

raccoon on a stick? mmmm. LOL! some people just can't appreciate gourmet food;)

6:01 AM  
Blogger Vonnie said...

My family always played 42 when I was growing up - we lived in CA but my family was from Texas. Anyway I never learned to play. In Georgia where my husband was born we played a lot of Rook.

7:33 AM  
Blogger STAG said...

Baked Spanish Onions.

Peel and Core a half dozen large Spanish Onions, insert raisins nutmeg, and a quarter stick of butter into the core. bake in individual oven safe bowls until it browns a bit on top. Serve with copious amounts of sour cream.

(anybody can bake an apple! Try this onion at home first before you try it on your friends.)

9:56 AM  
Blogger brooksba said...

Thanksgiving is a nice holiday. While I understand the hesitation your family may have for raccoon on a stick, I'm now wondering if that will be the next big State Fair dish. Eke!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Alisa said...

Go Geezers!!!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

alisa, I need your new blogging site url. and yes, if we play the game, the Geezers will rule...again.

3:55 AM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

stag, the onion sounds good, I am going to try it!
Beth - you know it! Move over turkey legs, come on Raccoon on a Stick!
Amy - you are so right.
Vonnie - easy game, fun to play, and yuppers, every Texan should know how to play it.

3:57 AM  
Blogger GreatBeefalo said...

(sigh) I guess that I, a Weezer, will defend our sacred honor. Sadly, I will not be at the game this year, but I have at least 3.76% certainty that the Weeze and Geeze Cup will go to the younger generation this year. Is biting allowed?

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home