Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Atlanta Conflicted

Hotlanta hasn't been living up to its name. It has been in the 50's all week and now it is raining. The buildings of downtown that normally reflect a view of blue skies and bright sunshine are now obsorbing the dreariness of the day and magnifying it tenfold. A rather dreary day it looks like but among the weariness of the city skyline I can see the leaves of green, red and yellow breaking up the forest of granite and glass with a brilliancy giving one a sense that there is a chance of shaking off the shackles of gloominess.

There seems to be a subtle insurgency from the trees to take one last stand for nature against the concrete monster called civilization. A gathering of the minority standing in a vigil proclaiming their worth among a noisy throng of man made machines marching menacingly among them. They are our reminder that beyond these city streets there is a pastoral peace awaiting those who choose to escape who wish to soak in the beauty and quiet of the country.

Rainy and dreary days make me sad.

Brightly colored trees of autumn give me hope.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Man, you are a busy little blogger! Here's something weird about me..rainy and dreary days make me happy...but..I'm a bit strange anyway. When we lived in Missouri I loved the fall..I miss those colors.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Hopalong Cassidy said...

"Brightly colored trees of autumn" make me happy. Unfortunately fall comes earlier in Thunder Bay than Atlanta. The leaves here not only have changed color but have also all fallen to the ground. The trees are bare and that makes me sad.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Demosthenes said...

Ditto here Tubby.

Although it is 50 and rainy here in MN - and you can be sure NO ONE is complaining! :) In fact, in MN this is the time when everyone goes to put their Xmas lights out. A bit early you say? Better now in 50 degree weather than a month from now in 20 degree weather.

Did you guys ever end up killing the party slackers from the previous post? I'll give you an alibi if you need one. :)

12:07 PM  
Blogger Belizegial said...

The rain just left here in the tropics. For more than two days it rained and poured and boy was I depressed AND sick too.
So, yay for today's sunshine and improved health on my part.
Are those party slackers awake as yet? lolol

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home