Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Midnight Meltdown

Part of the Executive Leadership training is analyzing and assessing the validity of a local club's programming, facilities, staff, boards, resource development, and financial management. Long hours of classes, interviews, and then late night sessions of teams putting together presentations.

During the early part of the week everyone was cordial and teamwork oriented.

Let me emphasis the early part of the week.

It is obvious there are two of the team who enjoy partying, sleeping in, and have chosen not to participate. For my part they are better off getting tanked than wasting our time of rushing projects and not being focused on the task at hand. I think most of us have been thinking that but last night the inner city came out in one of my colleagues, an athletic female who has been fairly quiet throughout the training.

"I won't be letting them disrespect me! The don't like my club computer, well where is their @#^%%#($@ computer? Where the @#^#$+*# are they when we meet? Name we one *^$##^ thing they have contributed? Do you see us _#$*^^%_& leaving early? Did we )&(^(&)^%( sleep in? I say we vote them out of the group. Take video and send back to their CVOs or better yet, let's kill 'em." (Okay, I added in the last one...)

I think it was at this point most of us thought, "Hmm...."

I can understand her frustration. I think whoever paid the bucks for their training would be disappointed in their behaviors and participation. Oh well, back to editing and rearranging powerpoint slides. Wonder what Tuesday holds for our little group... who will be the next to meltdown? This could be a great reality show. I could think of some fun ways to do the giving them the boot ceremony...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger STAG said...

It took me forever to realize that it takes team mates to make a team. There is nothing more frustrating than to see a co-worker being paid the same as you who slacks off. Oh wait, there is something more frustrating....you taking up the slack, working overtime for no extra pay, and you make a mistake which kills your career, while he gets the promotion because he knows that "he who does nothing does nothing wrong".

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home