Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

When did the Underground get so trendy?

I went to visit Atlanta
Hoping to capture a childhood dream
But land sakes, pass the Mylanta
'Cause the Underground has gone extreme.

Historical arcades and ancient cafes
Are replaced by stores with themes
Surrounding a brightly colored array
Of kiosks peddling the dream.

I miss the old ceiling of steel supported asphalt
Now replaced by preformed beams of concrete.
I am not sure what fiend is at fault
At removing the soul of the place complete.

When did the Underground become so trendy
And why did they kill the joy of the place?
I long for the Underground that was windy
With the city's character etched on its face.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

yeah..its commercialized big time!

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home