Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Reporting in from Atlanta

They have been working us hard and we have been putting in long hard hours. The practical side of this training has been an eye opener and given me an opportunity to take a moment of reflection for my own operations and compare them against a different model of a urban unit. It has been an eye opener.

I love the accents of Atlanta. My first true pleasure was listening to my cabbie who was from Canada and had a bit of a French accent. But perhaps the accent that caught my attention was the one from a club director who gave the following speech.

"I ben workin' de club fo 22 year. I don mine tellin my story bout billin up chillin an don mine finnin way of showin you howl I think bout de movement."

Now if you have had a hard time following that speech I should let you know it went down hill from there. We heard his experiences about "howl de staft hadda hannel boiled up chillun who had no schoolin. Deese chillun pend on de staft to hep dem wid hommin work an reliationship." I have to tell you the whole speech was an experience in itself but I did find de man wid goodly cham.

I am missing home.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home