Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Headlines that make me go "Huh..."

Yesterday the headline in our local paper was "Homicide Victim Found Dead in the Street." Huh.

So how else would you find a homicide victim?

Alive in the street?

Perhaps "slightly dead with a chance of wormbait by noon?"

It would be like reading in the New England Journal of Medicine that "Many phlegm splattered kids have runny noses." Really? I would've never guessed that.

Okay, this is the second time I've ranted about the headlines but really, doesn't someone read them before publishing them?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

That is a funny headline!

(Hello! I'm catching up BTW. Hopefully I get through a few posts tonight.)

3:04 AM  
Blogger Alisa said...

Oh that just kills me. They do that on the news here and you just have to wonder if somehow a double dead cancels out one dead so that the victim in question isn't really dead?

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home