Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

It's tough to win a shoot out without a Colt

Welp, my Longhorns lost.

Goodbye National Championship.

Hello, "Hey, we can still be Big 12 Champs!" Hmm, that seems a little like kissing your sister (okay, I've never had a sister but if I did, I sure wouldn't want to kiss her).

Somehow you knew it was coming. Maybe after Colt McCoy was hurt scoring Texas' first touchdown or maybe when you saw how fired up K State's defense was and the quickness of their secondary.

Either way, the dream has crashed but I am not depressed by any means. If Texas finishes 11-2, then I will be thrilled. I suffered through enough 4-7 years to be joyful at a winning season no matter what.

Okay, enough of the remorse. Time to start thinking about something positive... hey, the Aggies did lose yesterday...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger GreatBeefalo said...

This should just mean that this year's UT-A&M game will be nice and vicious. Mayhap the Aggies will win this year?

11:52 AM  
Blogger Hopalong Cassidy said...

Sorry about the Longhorns. I still can't believe Kansas State beat them. I watched the game and had trouble believing what I was seeing.

However, the good news for me is that my team, Michigan, still might be the National Champion. My dream is still alive, although I am preparing myself for a major depression this Saturday when they play #1 Ohio State.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Demosthenes said...

I hate to be the bearer of a reality check, but if Snead has to play on Saturday then A&M will be primed for the upset and OU - not UT will win the Big 12. Sorry to be a prophet of doom, but you know my loyalties to Texas only extend as far as McCoy. Without him I fear the 'Horns will end up in the "Jimmy Hecker Chevrolet Toilet Bowl" game.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

lol, I'm glad the game brought such passionate responses. Looks like Colt will play against A&M but it still doesn't address the largest question for Texas, their secondary. Oh well...sigh.

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home