Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Ice Skating

They have an outdoor ice rink in our small Texas city and the boy and I went to the grand opening. It was fun but I have to say that ice skating is probably not my thing as I have determined;
  • My flailing away trying to keep my balance seems to terrify small children
  • My body slamming into the sideboards for some reason makes my innards protest
  • Oh my goodness, can you make the arches of my feet hurt any worse?
  • Small quick children darting among your feet make be nervouse for several reasons; one which has something to do with falling on them and producing a small stain of squashed child on the ice.
  • They will never allow me to drive the zamboni. Sigh.
  • People tend to enjoy watch Frustrated falter, fall, and freeze
  • I am getting old as my priorities have now become "Let's just get off the ice without breaking anything important."

Oh well, Jman enjoyed it and is quite a fine ice skater. I spent most of my evening chatting with colleagues, drinking coffee, and taking pictures... off of the ice. Skate on people, skate on. May you avoid the proverbial pain in the tuckus.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

When I was a kid, my parents enrolled me in ice skating. I was never good at figure skating (always wanted to check the other skaters - something to do with my dad's hockey background). But the best part of ice skating was always getting into the warm house for hot chocolate.

I think we should start a "Let me drive the Zamboni" club.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Demosthenes said...

How do they keep the ice frozen outside?!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Vonnie said...

I used to love to ice skate. I took lessons for awhile and could even do a waltz jump - about an inch off the ground. Anyway a year ago I went with our youth group from church after not being on the ice for at least ten years. I was slowly getting used to it - my ankles just about killed me just getting to the ice - I finally got around a few times then while standing still, talking with a couple of kids, I suddenly was face down on the ice. I had quite a bruise on my cheek and my knees. Someone helped me off the ice and an employee was filling out an accident report. She asked me if I was through skating for the day to which I replied, " I am through skating for the rest of my life." I am sticking with getting my exercise at the Y. I still enjoy watching ice skating - emphasis on "watching"

4:18 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

A sight I would have loved to have seen!

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home