Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Some days you probably should stay in bed

Yesterday started off with a bang; snow, ice, and cancellations by the score. We even closed the clubs for the day so the kids wouldn't be endangered getting to and from them. This made work a productive day as no one is in the office and there is little if any disturbance.

Great day, right? Sure... sort of... okay, it didn't end so well.

Had an appointment cancelled without notice.

Get home and while I'm carrying a TV upstairs, I trip. Some yahoo had dusted the wooden stairs with Pledge, it is like ice now (okay, I'm that yahoo but still...) My knee is killing me and my other leg is just sore. I know this will take some time to work all the stiffness out. Oh, don't worry about the TV, it made it up the stairs unharmed. Go figure.

The day did end well though with a friend dropping by to chat and Jman and I finishing up the evening having breakfast (served my world famous fried eggs seasoned with toasted garlic, pepper, and olive oil. okay, they might not be world famous but I've never had a complaint yet)

Sore but well fed, I crawled up the stairs and called it an early evening. Was in bed by 9.

Today will be a better day.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Hopalong Cassidy said...

Sorry to hear that you hurt your legs through a fall. As for the truth that "Some days you probably should stay in bed", you are right and I personally find that the days are Monday through Sunday.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor mark!
no heavy lifting, keep the knee elevated, and no more Pledge on the stairs!

have a good weekend!

10:31 AM  
Blogger brooksba said...

Too bad about your knee - I hope it feels better very soon.

And NO FAIR! You're in Texas. I'm in Minnesota. How do you have snow and there is none here? I'm so jealous!

12:30 AM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

Beth is insane. Just so you know. This whole snow thing should not be sent up here. If it was up to me, the winter months would be skipped over completely. And why am I still living in Minnesota if I'm not a winter fan? My sister would kick me very hard if I ever tried to move.

It is the worst when the knee starts hurting. Mine has been throbbing for days. Try IcyHot sleeves on it, it helped with my knee and my ankles.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

Beth and Dana, I can see you two having this conversation over Chinese food in Tomah... sigh.

Tubby, I totally agree

Amy, I pledge there will be no more Pledge...

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home