Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

EXTRA! EXTRA! Working as an Extra for Friday Night Lights

I don't have much time to post today as I am getting ready for a day long fundraiser at the Mall. I will post sometime this weekend on my being part of the "background" for the TV show, Friday Night Lights. TGBO had called me and asked me if I would work with her as an extra for the Father/Daughter dance sequence and I agreed.

A short timeline for the whole event:

Noon - Leave Abilene for Austin

3:00 - Hit Austin traffic on I-35

3:45 - Arrive at the Texas School for the Deaf Campus

4:30 - Check in, fill out I-9s and paperwork

7:00 - After waiting for three hours, we are briefed on our roles as Father/Daughter dancers

11:00 - Four hours of dancing later, we are released to go home. It takes thirty more minutes to return props to wardrobe and to turn in your vouchers.

Midnight - Heading out of Austin for home

3 a.m. - Arrive home. Collapse on bed. Set alarms to wake me up at 6:15 so I can start Saturday early enough to prepare for the Diamond Dig fundraiser for our organization. I plan to sleep well tonight (the fundraiser ends tonight at 9)!

Have a good Saturday everyone! Will post more about the fun things that happen when you are an extra!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger -c said...

Busy as always, I see!

the father-daughter dancing sounds like it'll be a blast! Would you mind doing a few outlandish dips and pirrouettes so that when we all watch, we can spot you in the background?

12:26 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Just remember, there's a little corner reserved for you in heaven for doing stuff like this. :)

7:49 AM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

-c, believe me I was just trying not to maim people around me as I definitely can't dance!

weary hag, wow! It is great to see you back in the blogosphere! I think my corner of heaven is an itsy bitsy teeny tiny one...

slvr - yeah, I do.

TGBO - yeah, yeah, yeah...

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home