Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Some memories can't be contained in a photo

Driving towards Carrizozo (sp?) I was treated to a tremendous weather display. The thunderclouds were covering the top of the mountains and the tops of them looked to be white cliffs suspended above a churning black sea of violent weather. Underneath the clouds the winds had kicked up a huge dust storm so the figures of the mountains were mere images fluctuating in and out of the picture, depending on the intensity of the dust storm. From the floor of the desert to the infinity of the sky, everything was in turmoil, twisting, turning, churning, just waiting for the proper moment to explode into a torrent of fury.

I'm not sure a camera would have done the scene justice but the memory of this impending storm won't soon be forgotten. It is funny how our lives can be almost similar to this storm, filled from top to bottom with impending outbursts of conflict. I have to admit my first inclination was to circle the storm but instead, I drove straight towards it and was rewarded with a beautiful foggy/rainy trip through the mountains on my way to Ruidosa. Perhaps that is the way it was meant to be; we drive through our storms, not around them. In the end, when we have completed the journey, the beauty of the safe arrival won't be lost on us as we have seen the fury of the storm and survived it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

you promise?

11:02 AM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

hey, I'm not promising anything. I can sure hope though...

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home