Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

A Class on Listening in Capitan

Driving through the rain last Thursday, I passed a church in Capitan with a parking lot starting to fill with cars as the ladies assembling for the weekly Ladies Bible Class made their way into the church. I pulled over to adjust my Ipod and select a new playlist and watched as the ladies returned from the inside of the church with chairs and sat them outside underneath the porch. You could tell they weren't chatting, they were listening to the rain fall on the covered porch, to water bubbling out of the parking lot into a freshly made stream that headed towards the street.

On this particular day, in this parched and thirsty land, the class wasn't focused on some doctrine or social blight, but instead it appeared to be focused on the sound of God's restoration of a withered land, the regeneration of his creation, the refreshment of life giving water. I would venture to say the impact of listening to the rain brought the class closer to God than any study from a workbook. Hopefully it spurred them to think about life and the need to be refreshed... and the importance of being still long enough to appreciate the gift of rain... no, the gift of life.

5 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Man, that would be an awesome painting..little church ladies on the porch...
Rain is a religious experience for my family. I think I may have told this..a few weeks ago Sam had a friend over and a storm blew in..Sam went and opened the front and back door and turned all the lights out..his friend asked, "Sam, what are you doing?" Sam said, "We are experiencing the storm." I loved it...
One day...dream house...tin roof so I can hear every drop!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Great post.

Hey, may I start including you on the blog-roll each week? Pretty please? Lot's-o-bloggers will be pleased to know you're back.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Scott..you're greener when you beg..you know, he commented on my blog first..that makes me his favorite..!!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

yup, put me on the blog roll... glad to be back!

5:52 AM  
Blogger -c said...

nice post!

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home