Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Xmas Xtras Xcellent Xercise

As all you folks from the nonprofit realm know the Christmas season is total madness for your organization. You have parties to plan, fundraisers to put in place and the ever so popular Christmas Appeal that must go out because everyone in the city is going to get 200 of the suckers and you are competing for the same dollars.

I have to say I'm really happy with this year's Christmas Card (appeal) and having my brother, the graphic designer, do the work pro bono is an added blessing. I kept it simple but hopefully the message is easy to grasp and folks will want to donate. The designing of the card is fun, it is the rush to print, cut, fold, stuff, and address the envelopes that gets tedious at time. I worked quite a bit this weekend on the card and fortunately had a great friend and volunteer help out so the work went even quicker. Time to get them puppies into the mail and hope for the best.

Now the fun part, planning parties for 600 kids. Buying gifts, working up activities, organizing the cookouts and snacks, and last but not least, getting the logistics down to transport them to and from the ice rink during your operation's hours. Fun, but oh so tiring.

Staff Christmas party to host and plan. It is tomorrow night and I think I am down for meat and cheese trays, a veggie tray, and responsible for the games. I wonder if I should start working on that soon... hmm. It is a white elephant gift party and if there is one thing I can do, it is picking out a white elephant gift!

Board Party in a week. Luckily I just have to find a suitable piece of art for matting and framing for the outgoing President. A breeze.

Two grants to finish by Friday. No sweat. I think I can have them done by Thursday.

Friday night is a special night with friends.

Saturday morning is Board Orientation.

Saturday afternoon is the State 3A Semi-finals at Shotwell Stadium, my Canyon Eagles are playing!

Saturday night I play Santa at Christmas Lane.

Sunday I think I will rest. Hopefully I will have a chance to hang with my two friends at the State School.

Next Monday... we start it all over again.

I'm reminded of line from "Bowlegs" by the NGDB - "Run on a treadmill and you'll get tired alot (puff, puff)."

Here is to running and getting tired. Cheers!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

It's going to be a great time for the kids! You'll make the holidays special for so many. Hard work? Yes. Rewarding? Highly.

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

parties...God love 'em! the holidays are the best times to get together with friends.

have a fun week!!

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home