Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Catfish Chatter

Stopped for a few minutes today to get a quick trim and then was back to running like a madman. I did hear the following conversation while in the barber's chair.

"Are you related to Betty over at the Catfish Corner?"
"No, which one is Betty? What does she look like? I eat there all the time."
"Oh she is heavyset, short hair, colored an awful red, like your hair is done."
Silence.
Stony glare.
Clearing of the throat.

"Don't know her and I eat over there all the time."

Conversation #2

"So you eat at the Catfish Corner? I like Chicken Express' catfish better though. They don't use the same grease all the time."
"What? They serve catfish over at the Chicken Express?"
"Yup, they do. Good catfish too with just a smidgeon of breading. You get all fish, no extra batter crap."
"I like the breading, especially when it has been soaked in grease."
"Welp, you really ought to try out the catfish at Chicken Express."

Who knew catfish were such a hot topic these days? Certainly not me. I guess I am going to have to bone up on my fish and be ready for the next time such a hot topic arises in a barbershop.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

LOL - Welp - LOL!!!

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home