Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Let them toss pies!

Today is the end of the summer sessions for our clubs and we are celebrating by having a cookout at a local park, complete with fun games that have been knighted as the Summer Olympics. Part of the excitement this week has been the announcement of a raffle where every child who participates is given a ticket. The winners will get to pick the staff of their choice and toss a pie into their face.

I am a little nervous about this as I have had one child come and inspect my face fairly regularly, smiling at thought of smearing it with a cream pie. I can only hope she doesn't win... although I don't think she is alone in the category of "Who wants to put a pie in Mr. Frustrated's face?"

Welp, off to get ready. Will let you know if I am the "great sticky one" after the Olympics.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rhodent said...

OOOOHH... Can I buy a ticket? That would be such fun to hit you with a pie! What is your favorite flavor?

11:26 AM  
Blogger -c said...

This reaks of the dirty trick you played on us when you mentioned your legs were to be competitors in a sexy show-off contest. You get us all excited, and in the end, we were let down after having built up such excited anticipation. Again, if this marvelous event occurs, I think a pic is in order:)

4:03 PM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

I was lucky, out of the ten numbers drawn, none of the kids picked me, they went for staff that work at their club on a consistant basis. I was there ready to take it in the face should duty demand it...

7:34 AM  
Blogger brooksba said...

Oh! How cute! And it is actually a pretty nice compliment that the kids would want to pie you. I'm glad you didn't have to take the pie in the face, but what a fun activity to promote goodwill.

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home