Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Goodbyes are never easy

My oldest and her husband are leaving tomorrow to Buffalo, New York. It is another adventure for them as she continues in her pursuit of a doctorate in literature. I am a bit envious of them as they have already enjoyed so many more adventures than I have even imagined and have a fearlessness for new experiences.

I've enjoyed having them close by. Chatting with her, having supper with them, and just enjoying watching them be adults has warmed my heart considerably. Tonight we will gather for a last meal at a mexican food place where they can get some great TexMex before heading off to the cold north where they don't appreciate a good jalepeno or chili pepper. It will be nice to enjoy this meal with them but I can already feel the sadness sinking in of knowing they will soon be gone.

Can't get over how blue I'm feeling today.

I already miss them.

5 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

hey..Whit is about to move into her first house...but its about 10 blocks away hahhaha...Im a baby about my kids...they are light...

Sorry..I know that must be so hard..hope you have such a good time tonight that it will take some of the blue away!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

I am a bit envious but maybe one day my kids will move back closer. I can't fault them for exploring all the possibilities that are available out there and applaud their sense of adventure.

5:27 AM  
Blogger brooksba said...

Your pride for your children is so strong and evident. It's great to read Mark!

I know it is hard for them to be so far away; I hope you get many opportunities to visit them in NY and that they visit you often.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Yes, it is hard, but I have decided that I will save some time each year for a visit to one of my 4 grown-up rug rats. "L" majored in literature and Art History and is working in IT currently... and could move at any time,the boys are both engineers and living in CT and VA, and Allison is still in college. They all seem to get to travel, especially the boys... no telling where they will be living from one year to the next... hopefully not so far that I can't visit occasionally.

You need to plan some vacations to visit them... there are interesting cemeteries all over the country for you to peruse as well! Wherever they are there will be things of interest to entice you to visit as well as your love for them.

I do have to admit, though, that having the 4 of them together at the same time ANYWHERE is the very BEST!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

You must be proud to know what a great job you've done as a father to have raised such well adjusted kids :o)

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home