Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

A Lesson Learned From Life

My friend lies in a bed
With tubes a running wild
"A heart attack" so they said
An infarction not so mild.
He was out mowing the grass
Stopping for a nicotine fix
When a pain that would not pass
Warned his life was almost nix.
My friend has had his heart
Taken apart and mended
I'm sure he'll have to start
Living life as it was intended.
I know we should learn
From every set back in life
So bad decisions can be spurned
Avoiding the surgeon's knife.
So here is the lesson I know
We should take from this scary event
Your grass you should never mow
Because mowers are from Satan sent.
I have seen too many guys
Mowed down by that infernal machine
When they could've enjoyed blue skies
While fishing at their favorite stream.

3 Comments:

Blogger Page Turner said...

Nice poem. And I agree with you completely.

2:55 PM  
Blogger -c said...

It's true. I'm not sure why there weren't more lawn mowers in the narrative of Dante's inferno. A serious oversight, if you ask me.
Sorry about your friend. Hope recovery is going well.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Kuntry Konfession said...

HAHAHAHAHA! this is BRILLIANT!...the funny thing is how it connected without knowing, what i commented on your work on labor day post, and then you commented a thing about mowing-on me post!
hahahahaha! this is good! hope to see more poetry, man!
oh, and i hope your friend fairs better!

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home