Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Pills Perpetuate the Phlu

Well sir, the ol' scar tissue is acting up again and I find myself feeling fairly miserable with pain so I get back on my meds that dull the nerves, kill the pain, and actually help me sleep deeper. Problem is they give you flu like symptoms the first day you take them which means my day today was spent feeling light headed, feverish, and generally blah.

So fun things to do during this funky time...

Work sudoku puzzles. You aren't sure you are correct but you have this ethereal sense of not really caring...

Talk to family members on the phone. Hopefully you didn't say anything to worry them like, "wow, wonder when that red giraffe laid the egg on my carpet?"

Discuss politics with obsessive and combative political groupies. You can totally get in some great lines about how you are pretty sure their party supported the proposal to make mandatory cross dressing a law in public schools.

You can sit next to the people who sell the Sunday newspapers at the intersection while holding a sign that says, "For a buck I'll tell you what the paper said, save you the time of having to read it."

Watch ice skating. For some reason it doesn't seem so silly when you are in a fevered state and actually it begins to makes sense on why people keep clamoring that it is a sport.

Smoke a cigar. Talk about the ultimate buzz...

Watch movies with the language set to French or German. You don't understand a thing they say but you do get a new perspective on how lacking the visual aspects of the film hurt the viewing experience.

You can blog. Your blog won't make much sense but hey, mine generally don't make much sense anyway but at least today I can blame the meds.

Have a great night. I'm off to find a cool wet rag.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rhodent said...

Hope you feel better soon!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Page Turner said...

I like Sudoku puzzles. Great thing to do when you're bored, or high, in your case.

7:10 AM  
Blogger -c said...

ha ha! Frustrated, I found this particular med-induced post hilarious!

By the way, is that an oppositional argument if you claim someone's political party gave the thumbs-up to elementary school cross-dressing? I'd think that might by a support-clencher for me:)

5:57 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Get well soon :o)

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home