Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Let me introduce you to my leetle frend...logic.

After a meeting with a state agency yesterday I left their office singing this song...

When I was young,
it seemed that life was so wonderful,
a miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical.
And all the birds in the trees,
well they'd be singing so happily,
joyfully, playfully watching me.

But then they sent me away
to teach me how to be sensible,
logical, responsible, practical.
And they showed me a world
where I could be so dependable,
clinical, intellectual, cynical.

There are times when all the world's asleep,
the questions run too deep
for such a simple man.
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds absurd
but please tell me who I am.

Now watch what you say
or they'll be calling you a radical,
liberal, fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name,
we'd like to feel you're acceptable,
respectable, presentable, a vegetable!

At night, when all the world's asleep,
the questions run so deep
for such a simple man.
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds absurd
but please tell me who I am

So I'm sitting in the room and looking at their list of regulations. Hmm, I understand why some of them are in place but really, I don't understand why others are there. Afterall, they are in the protection business and seem bent on having us not protect those kids we serve. Maybe I'm too logical or perhaps just too simple to understand the thinking of the State. Or... it could be some things can't be defined by policies and procedures such as kindness, compassion, service, and caring for those who have a tough row to hoe. Logic would tell us if folks are out doing your job of protection, then maybe you might want to put your energies elsewhere. Oh wait, have I introduced you to my leetle frend, logic? No?

It's a crazy world out there.

Sigh. Just shoot me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rhodent said...

Don't have a gun with me at the moment, Texas.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Page Turner said...

I saw Supertramp back in the 80's...great band!

I believe that logic is in the mind of the beholder. However, my logic is often better than most people's unless I'm having a blonde moment (happens sometimes). Government offices often are without logic though...I hate speaking with government workers.

6:37 PM  
Blogger GreatBeefalo said...

Dont worry, if I do shoot you, Ill do so respectfully, and with a .44. Its the only way to go!

I feel that way staring at US export regulations. Why do I have to do this junk? Its sheer bureacracy. Bunk!

1:51 AM  
Blogger benning said...

You don't mean we have to be responsible for our own selves, do you? Sheesh!

Now, did you sing that song in a high voice or did you drop to a lower register? ;)

6:06 AM  
Blogger Hopalong Cassidy said...

Nice lyrics to the song but I would also like to hear the melody (check out what is being sung on my latest post).

As for shooting you I am sorry but it can't be me for I won't be around too much longer. I have spent the last couple of days watching the news and have decided to blast off in my home made rocket for Mars so I can live alone on another planet.

5:17 AM  
Blogger -c said...

But red is such a lovely color, and tape such a nice noun...

I'd hate to give up such things just for a little logic:)

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home