Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

A guest who never arrives...

Ever wait expectantly for a guest to arrive only to have waited in vain? Not the best of feelings one can experience but it happens. How do you handle it? It seems the options are limited:

Anger - but does that ever really accomplish anything?

Hurt - hmm, sort of a pathetic route to take

Indignant - that seems a form of self serving snobbery

Indifference - lying to yourself doesn't seem like much of an option, does it?

Sadness - this one seems to be the best option as it can fit nicely in a bruised heart.

Welp, that's all I've got on a Sunday afternoon. Time to go pick at the banjo.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that feeling. I end up somehow talking myself into believing that I had done something that made them stay away.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Page Turner said...

What kind of guest are we talking about? I think I'd be sad if I'd been looking forward to them arriving. If I was 'stood up', like it was a date, I'd be hurt and angry, then indignant, and then indifferent...but not sad.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Hey, you visited me the other day so I'm stopping by to say hello!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh I forgot... peeked at your profile and see that you're a fellow Mockingbird lover. Great time of year to read it, too.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Hopalong Cassidy said...

I'm waiting for several guests to arrive and while the wait isn't over, probably will be at 5.p.m. this coming Friday, I'm running through the gamut of reactions you have in your post. Need to get a better handle on my emotions I guess.

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home