Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Slap me silly and call me shorty

I had a great friend who would always exclaim, "Well slap me silly and call me Shorty" whenever he got excited about anything. It really didn't matter what the event was, it just mattered that he was thrilled with the possibilities. I love the expression and use it all the time whenever something great has just occurred.

I feel like I am on the edge of such a moment. If everything works right, I will be helping my son move back home. His current situation isn't the best and it will be a great opportunity for him to start over in a safe place, something that is important to me and to him. I'm looking forward to having him back in Texas because before he left, we would take long walks, have great discussions, and enjoyed a friendship I'm not sure all dads get to enjoy with their sons. We don't always see everything in quite the same vein, but we do appreciate the other's opinion.

I consider myself blessed because I have four kids I'm proud of and who keep amazing me with their insights, humor, and how they keep getting through life's trials. I do wish I was closer to some of them but perhaps one of the characteristics I admire the most is their independence. Well this is starting to get sappy so I'll stop.

Yuppers, just slap me silly and call me Shorty...

2 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

I'm sorry it didn't work out for your son and that he is moving back to Texas and also happy that he's going to be close by. I'm sure you'll enjoy his company and friendship. You are a great father and support your children so whole-heartedly. They are very lucky to have such a great dad.

3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know when I moved back home, it was the hardest things to do. being on my own for so long, I didn't like the idea of living under the same roof with my parents again, but I was in a tough spot and moving back home helped me get back on my feet again.

I am excited that you're so excited about him moving home. my mom can't wait to get rid of us!

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home