Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

How much is too much?

This week I've talked to several friends who have gone through a tremendous amount of stress and pain.

One has lost a grandchild through a miscarriage, his mom is in the last days of a battle with cancer, and to make his life even more rosey, he is having to fight a State agency over the maintaining of a non-profit organization that benefits people with mental retardation and mental health issues.

Another friend has to deal with problems they are having with their ex. Painful problems where a child, drug abuse, and financial security are all involved.

One thing is for sure, there are no easy answers to either one of their problems and I have to wonder how much is too much? The ol' brain can only take so much stress before it starts affecting the body. I know in my times of deepest stress I wish I could've escaped, even for a moment. So for them, I offer up the next little ditty...

I wish I could step away
From my current trial
And spend a carefree day
Complete with total denial.

Sit on a bank and fish
Walk in a park or play
Doing whatever I wish
On this problem free day.

Relax and read a book
Or get in my car and go
Taking the time to look
Enjoying nature's show.

Whatever I chose to do
Instead of facing my trial
Would surely help me through
If I could step away for awhile.

To my friends, stick in there as this too will pass.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

in times like those, I think of Scarlett O'Hara and the "tomorrow is another day" philosophy.

thank you for posting this. it helps me out today.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Hopalong Cassidy said...

"I've talked to several friends who have gone through a tremendous amount of stress and pain."


re

Stress and pain is not fun. A couple of decades ago I was probably on the brink of insanity because of "stress and pain". Several things helped me but I think that what helped me most was a man who is dead now. However, though dead he can still be heard. I can't say for sure that he would have the same effect on someone else going through stress and pain that he had on me, but in case he might I will say where he can be heard.

Here is a link to when he can be heard. Click the link and look for the two times that the schedule ends with the words "Oliver Greene".

Here is a link to how he can be heard. Click the link then click on the left side "Listen Live On-Line".

If you went to a doctor for a serious ailment, you wouldn't hope to be cured on the first couple of visits. So if you ever because of serious "stress and Pain" want to try what worked for me make sure you give him a fair chance to help you.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Page Turner said...

Back in May (read some of my posts) I went through some pain and stress. I thought it was never going to end, but brighter days come eventually and for that, I am thankful.

8:12 PM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

I liked this. I often wish that people going through stress and pain would be able to get a day off to relax without feeling guilty about it.

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home