Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things that Made Me Go "Huh..." Last Weekend...

1. Yeah, the zombie woman from the last post. Anybody who enjoy staring at people in the airport just to make them move...huh.

2. Little propellers stuck in the wall that turn when your people mover flies by them at the Denver airport.

3. My response to the little man with the funny accent who made sure I realized the tram at DFW wasn't driven by a person..."You know we are moving with no man?!?!?" Yeah, well, so is half the female population.

4. My conversation with an window attendant at Taco Bell in LaCrosse, WI. "Can I have some hot sauce?"
"Oh did you want hot sauce?"
"No, I just wondered if I could have some. I like to take it home and hoard it in case of an attack by the hot sauce sucking aliens from the planet Dave."
"What kind would you like?"
"Medium."
"Mild?"
"Sheesh, sure, mild." Huh...

5. A sign in Iowa that showed I-35 South going in both directions.

6. They don't broadcast Texas-OU games in Iowa. Go figure.

7. A man speaking to his son in front of a row of urinals in the airport in Minn. "Oh my, so many choices." Huh... they're urinals, guy, you don't win any prizes for picking the right one.

8. After an extremely rough landing at DFW, the flight attendant looks at one of the passengers and says, "We do that all the time." Really. You make a practice of bouncing the plane off the runway while trying to make a one point landing? Huh... anybody wanna guess what airline I won't be flying next time?

9. "So tell me, are you moving any illegal substances home?"
"Define "illegal."

10. "Are you getting tired Dad? Do you want me to drive?"
"No, I'm alright. Why do you ask?"
"You are taking up both lanes."
"Yeah, but there isn't anyone else on the highway but us. Just enjoying my freedom to drive where I want."
"Okay, but if you get any closer to the fences I'm gonna be able to pet cows." Huh.

11. "Mr. Frustrated, would you like to prepay for a gas fill up so you won't have to do it when you return the van?"
"How much?"
"Fifty Dollars."
"No thanks, I can fill it myself."
"But it will save you the trouble."
"Yes, but will it save my wallet? I think I can pump gas to save an extra $20 bucks."
"But it is part of our premium service package." Huh. When did "premium" become the linquistic equivilent of "gouging"?

12. The guy driving the H2 with a bumper sticker that said, "Save our planet. Drive green."

13. A friend who calls from Texas to ask me if I am watching the game. Hmm, I'm driving a rental in the middle of "Texas? We don't need no stinkin' Texas" Iowa... huh, what do you think? Luckily another friend called with updates of the game and another taped it for me. Hook 'em Horns!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

are you settled...?

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah. Iowa. gotta love it!
at least you don't have to live here. too much black and yellow. too many Hawkeye fans and not enough Badger fans. love my Badgers!

I hate the pre-pay gas pumps. a lot of the gas stations in town are switching to only pre-pays. like we don't have to pay enough already.

I hope the moving in went smoothly!

7:45 AM  
Blogger brooksba said...

#12 made me groan. Love the fact that your son told you he could almost pet cows. That's funny! Glad you're home safe and sound.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

I love the South Both Ways Signs...

Nice list.
Tina.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home