Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Yeah, a Love Poem for Valentines Day

I know this seems to contradicting my previous post but hey, who can pass up a chance to write a poem on a day that just oozes poetry? Not me...

I searched for a card that said
The feelings I have in my head
About how I want you to be mine
And how I think you are so fine.

But the cards didn't really say
What I felt on this lover's day
So I thought I would get candy
Since that is considered just dandy.

Alas, chocolate makes you break out
And your swelling looks like gout
So I thought "Why not a rose?"
"They're romantic, I suppose."

But who knew you once had fell
On a thorny rose covered knell
And the scratches became infected
Now pain with roses is connected.

I tried jewelry but who knew
What metals can do to you?
My wits end was quickly appearing
And romance seem to be disappearing.

Then Eros allowed me concession
Sating my romantic obsession
When you choked on dinner's entre'
And the Heimlich I did display

But I think the lovely sound
Of the water glass the particle found
Was perhaps my true love expression
Now demonstrated in a stomach compression.

Top that one Hallmark.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallmark needs to hire you to write cards. that was hilarious and sweet all at once!

have a happy day!

6:01 AM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

Oh, that was great. Love it. A poem that makes you snort is excellent.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Demosthenes said...

You are definitely getting weirder in your old age. :)

3:58 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

I see you've been honing your poetry skills! You're amazing... very very fun and cute poem (card) ... Hallmark disappears in the background to something like this.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

Well if anyone knows somebody at Hallmark, I am available...lol.

4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home