Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

No Tidbits Today, back next week

My apologies for missing the Tuesday Tidbits today but a little swamped and the work doesn't seem to be easing up much. I do want to submit the following post...

Louisiana governor orders National Guard troops to patrol New Orleans...

Really. Does this mean the folks in N.O. can be violence and insane without a hurricane? It appears that even FEMA wasn't required to stir up a little trouble in the Big Easy. I'm guessing they'll blame it on something else... like a failure of the local, state, and federal governments getting the city back up on its feet in a timely manner. Or, perhaps they are just into the lawless mode right now and to kill six people over the weekend just "fit" into their weekend celebrations.

The governor claims five were drug/revenge motivated with one death being over an incidental disagreement about beer. (Less filling! Tastes great! Less filling! Tastes Great! Less Fi.....gasp, gag, death rattle...) Either way six people is a bit of an overkill in any urban community's book so maybe it is time to bring in the National Guard.

I think it goes to show you don't have to have a natural disaster and a human blunder to tear up your town. In fact I'm pretty sure you can kill people at random if you are the dregs of society and have an agenda. Is it legal? Nope. Do they care? Nope. Bring on the Guard baby, and while you are at it, grab a jazz band or two so we can groove as the locals rape, pillage, burn, and destroy all of New Orleans.

Sheesh.

4 Comments:

Blogger GreatBeefalo said...

Funny how beer and death are always joined at the hip. I smell...a vast right wing conspiracy!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Alisa said...

Somehow, considering who NO voted back into office, I'm not surprised that the "chocolate city" is having problems.

4:55 AM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

I've never thought it was a race issue as much as I've thought it was a corruption issue. NO is famous for having the most corrupt government, police force, etc. I shouldn't be surprised, but I am disappointed that nothing has changed.

5:54 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

well...tell us how you really feel..haha...that IS one crazy town..

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home