Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Charity Begins with Bugs

Sitting here looking at my bruised and scratched arm after having a conversation with a great friend about how changing the battery out of a VW Beetle is not an easy task (modern beetle, not the under the back seat variety). His response was,

"So whose Bug was it?"

"The Ex's Bug. Battery was dead, gave her a jump, followed her to Auto Zone and then changed it out for her."

A long look of incredulity is followed by, "You know you aren't obligated to do that, right? Are you freakin' nuts?"

"Call me soft hearted or just being a friend, but if help is needed, it should be given, right?"

The conversation took an interesting turn then and we explored all the reasons I didn't have to fix the Bug including the existence of a little thing called an Auto Shop. This morning as I work the stiffness out of the arm I'm thinking maybe an Auto Shop wouldn't have been such a bad idea.

Oh well, I did get to Auto Zone and did pick up brake pads and rotors for Slvr's car as I will be road tripping this weekend to Arkansas to fix her brakes before she gets back from New Zealand. It will be a fast and furious trip but shouldn't take me long to change out her brakes and be back on the road again. Planning to travel mostly at night, work on her car by daybreak, and get the heck out of Arkansas. Nothing like living on the edge.

Or so I hear...

4 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

wow, you are quite the handy man...

11:58 AM  
Blogger Demosthenes said...

You know I am torn about you and the ex. On the one hand, you owe her NOTHING. On the other hand, the fact that you do things like this for her speaks volumes about your character. You may not longer be "in love" but you have never forgotten how to love.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

I think I am with Demo..it seems like that is the person you are with everyone...I think that is great...its compassion..oh course..what am I talkin about..I wrote the book on enabling!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

I've said it before... YOu are a good man, Charlie Brown

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home