Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Mad Mime Maimed Mercilessly

This post has nothing to do with the title, I just enjoyed writing it for all sorts of perverse reasons. It does have something to do with creative juices though...

I enjoy watching people be creative, whether it is in writing, telling a story, art, problem fixing (the Southern equilivent to the ever popular Problem Solving), or engagement in contests, athletic or otherwise. The amazing way people can adapt to acheive their ultimate goal is down right inspirational in my book and it is worth taking a step back and just admiring their handiwork.

Case in point: I watched a kid at the apartment complex try to move a bulky box from his apartment to a friend's apartment and after struggling with the box for a few minutes, he disappeared to return with a scooter. Slide box on scooter and roll that baby down the street. Genius in my book, problem fixin' at its best, I say.

So when people quit trying to figure out a solution to their problems I have to wonder if the creative juices in this world are drying up. Maybe we have become to quick to accept failures and embrace our downfalls versus seeking a creative device to overcome the obstacle. Does that mean creative juices sometimes come at a great cost? Yuppers, it does, but it also means when the victory is won, the sweet succulent taste of success is pleasent upon the palate because you were inventive, willing to experiment, and had faith in yourself to try something different, failure be damned.

Man, suddenly I feel pumped. Wonder if there really is a mad mime that I can maim mercilessly... just kidding. Mimes have nothing to worry about from me. Now my mime eating Rottweiler, that might be a different story.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rhodent said...

Be careful... mindless maiming may mean many macerating memories of malfunctioning moments many might maintain as malicious male melancholia!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Critical thinking...it makes the world go round..I think you're right about creative juices coming at a cost..

Its hard for me to quit something..like if something doesn't work..like when my car steering wheel locked up..I want to fix it...

When Whit was little and something wouldn't work I would tell her, "Give it to Mom...Mom can fix anything." I wanted her to get that she could fix anything..just the declaration spawns creativity...not that I can or was bragging but whatI do is try...

10:39 AM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

rho - wow, the alliteration is getting quite prolific

bev - I'm not sure it is the fact you actually fixed it as much as the fact you tried.

3:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home