Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Al-Zarqawi is dead and I don't feel so good myself

I know I stole the line from the late Lewis Grizzard (Elvis is dead and I don't feel so good myself) but somehow it seemed appropriate here. The bad boy of Iraq is now being treated to 70+ virgins, courtesy of Allah. Or is he? Not sure how Allah works when it comes to technicalities such as:

  • He died from a bombing
  • His death wasn't from his carrying out a mission against the Great White Satan, no, he was pretty much on static display
  • So, if you died while just sitting around, do you still get the virgins? I'm thinking... no.

You would hope the loss of their beloved and inept leader (the man struggled with weapons, as the videos show...) who didn't mind sending his minions into public places to kill innocent people, would dampen the spirits of the terrorist but I suspect he just made the postage stamp scene for the underground terrorists mail carriers. I suspect he is now considered a beloved martyr in the cause against Satanic Influence Ne'erdowells (SIN). Yup, give this man the bomb and he becomes the bomb... so to speak.

I did notice that Americans weren't in the streets with weapons raised high doing a high shrill trilling sound while celebrating Al-Zarqawi's death. Is it because we are shy when it comes to displays of shrill trilling or is it because we don't know how to properly trill at such a shrill pitch? Shouldn't there be classes available such a thing? Someone contact Homeland Security, they should be utilizing this method as a defense against possible terrorists. "Hey, we will shrill trill over your dead body if you mess with us, bucko!" Hey, it might work.

I am hoping Al-Zarqawi's death will give our soldiers a respite from the daily threat of bombings but I fear it will be the opposite. For some odd reason I think we just gave them some encouragement to increase the violence. I'm reminded of a dialogue from Munich, the movie, where the lead assissin from Israel wonders if removing one bad person is practical since another person who is worse, steps up to take his place. A vicious circle for sure. May the madness end soon.

7 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

amen...no feelings on any of it..just please bring our children home from that awful place..

Munich was an amazing movie!!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Ron Southern said...

If God can count, you and I won't have to go to that infernal shit-hole. But others will.

I wondered where you were.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

good to see you back Ron!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Ron Southern said...

Back and almost back to mean!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Glad to see you back to blogging

9:51 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Oh, wait...we're NOT doing the shrill trill thing? BRB - I've got some black robes I need to return...

8:24 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

haha..Scott's funny!

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home