Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Midnight Visitor

A little after midnight last night, I felt a hand shake me awake from a little snooze I was taking on the couch. My eyes opened to see my daughter standing there grinning and tsking at the same time.

"Dad, you left your front door unlocked. Anyone could've walked in."

"I left it unlocked for you in case I fell asleep on the couch."

"But anyone could've walked in and cleaned you out."

"Well, hopefully I would awake sometime and could help them carry the stuff out to the car."

We chatted some more, she helped me with my Ipod, and then invited me over to supper next Monday evening. I have to admit such a late night visit is good for the ol' Frustrated Writer. I'm proud of my kids and it always does my heart good when they check up on their ol' dad. Monday night will be a treat as I haven't had dinner with them in a few weeks. She is a vegetarian though which makes the meals interesting and fun. Wonder if I should offer to bring my own meat...

2 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

awwww...precious..

6:45 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Your kids are awesome.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home