Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Flood Gates Have Opened....Meetings Galore

Turning my lights on in the office, you can hear the scurrying of little feet as invitations to this meeting or that meeting scurry to bury themselves out of the eyesight of the light flicker. They leave evidence of their visit as I tape cute invitations to the wall, or stack them on my desk. I know there are no methods to exterminate them and that the invasion will be swell to plague status as the summer draws to a close and everyone in town gets back into the "school routine."

I'm not complaining (oh, okay, I am...) but perhaps there should be an unspoken law that says;

No meetings on Mondays

No meetings on Friday

All meetings have to be held on days that start with a "T"

Meetings can't last longer than 45 minutes and must be presented with liquid refreshment options.

All meetings should have "gimmes" so you have something to play with during the boring parts.

Meetings should start with a watergun shooting spree. Just to keep the mood light.

Facilitators should be drenched in some vile substance if they violate any of the preceding laws.

I know you could never get such laws past but wouldn't it me nice to know there would be at least three uninterrupted days of work during a week?

Gotta go and start to prepare for a meeting... sigh.

7 Comments:

Blogger STAG said...

Prime Minister Pitt, who was English PM during the Peninsular War against Napoleon, used to have the same complaint. His solution...remove all chairs from the conference rooms. When everybody had to stand, they keep the meetings short and to the point. You might try that in your company.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

Excellent idea!

6:35 AM  
Blogger The Middle Child said...

I wish we could institute some of those rules in our office!! We are just a small office, staff of about 14, and it seems someone always wants a meeting. If we could stop these meetings we might get something done!!

10:09 AM  
Blogger brooksba said...

I am sick of meetings. There's just too many. Ick, ick, ick.

I have to arrive to work early every Tuesday, the first day of my workweek, and have it start with two hours of meetings. Ugh.

12:23 PM  
Blogger brooksba said...

Meetings are awful and should be banned. Let's have a meeting to discuss how to hold future meetings!

Ugh.

12:24 PM  
Blogger -c said...

The only thing I might add would be a nice, ritualistic crowning of the watergun shoot-out victor...

1:31 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

oh yeah..well, i got a job...

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home