Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Golf Tournaments Abound

I am working two golf tournaments this weekend for two local charities. One is for the United Way and the other is for the Volunteer Services Council. I know, that really isn't earth shattering news but since I am a guy who doesn't play golf, you have to wonder why I am working two of them in a row. Hmm, I like people so maybe it is the people that attract me to working these events.

Okay, actually it is the people who will benefit that attract me to these events so I will go out and get burned, sign people up, take pictures, and toss around phrases such as "I think the team in front of you just double eagled the par 3 on hole 17 (yes, I know that is impossible as an eagle would be a hole in one...)" or "I think I would use a pitching wedge, maybe a 5 iron...." which will show my ignorance of the game and give the players a reason to roll their eyes from something else beside the seventh beer they just consumed.

Well, time to get ready and hit the links. TGIF everybody.

3 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

Just to annoy everyone, keep telling them, "The best piece of advice I give is hit the ball."

Having never actually golfed, but having walked a course with someone as they golfed, there can be a bit of frustration. I hope you have fun and end up with a couple of good stories!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

fore...

9:37 AM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

You're a good man, charlie Brown!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home