Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Moving Past the Past

The past couple of years have been a bit tough but yesterday I had a chance to sit back and think on all that has occurred in my life and there are times I am amazed I made it through with my sanity. I credit friends and my kids for getting me through and while I was thinking about all they have done to contribute to my rising above the overwhelming floods of despair at times, I was reminded of an old Loggins and Messina song... Watching the River Run. Thought I would post the lyrics for all of us who have moved or are moving past the Past.

If you've been thinking you're all that you've got,
Then don't feel alone anymore.
When we're together, then you've got alot,
'Cause I am the river and you are the shore.
And it goes on and on, oh, watching the river run,
Further and further from things that we've done,
Leaving them one by one.
And we have just begun watching the river run.
Listening and learning and yearning.
Run, river, run.
Winding and swirling and dancing along,
We pass by the old willow tree
Where lovers caress as we sing of our song,
Twisting together when we greet the sea.
And it goes on and on, watching the river run,
Further and further from things that we've done,
Leaving them one by one.
And we have just begun watching the river run.
Listening and learning and yearning.
Run, river, run.
And it goes on and on, watching the river run,
Further and further from things that we've done,
Leaving them one by one.
And we have just begun watching the river run.
Listening and learning and yearning.
Run, river, run.

I apologize if I posted these on the old blog but even if I did, it has been awhile since you've had a chance to read them... enjoy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rhodent said...

I have not heard that song, but I do like the lyrics. I do think that there are some things in life that we never leave behind, but there is also so much that we need to let go. Watching the river in Dunnellon has always given me great pleasure and relaxation. I can't imagine what things would have been like for me over the past few years if it weren't for some very good people in my life.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Hopalong Cassidy said...

overwhelming floods of despair at times:

I find that being a "day dream believer" helps. But, "it's my party and I'll cry if I want to" while "I'm running against the wind".

5:12 PM  
Blogger happytheman said...

Thanks man I pulled out the old vinyl but alas my phono didn't play. Pretty cool how the old man gets us through everything.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Never heard of the song, but i can relate to those lyrics, no wonder you enjoy it :o)

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the song.
but sometimes moving forward is so hard to do...

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home