Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Thursday Thirteen 8/17/06

Thirteen Authors I Wish I Could've Met/Meet

1. Mark Twain (I want him to consider giving Huck Finn an uzi...)
2. James Michener (I have a few extra Texas Tidbits to toss in Texas)
3. James Thurber (I love his drawings as much as his humor)
4. Lewis Grizzard (Two southern boys who love football, America, and love to make fun of society.... we could talk)
5. John Grisham (I have an idea or two about a book about lawyers)
6. Dean Koontz (I can think of a horror story about lawyers)
7. James Fennimore Cooper (Nstty Bumpo with an uzi would be interesting too)
8. Charles Dickens (I'm thinking Oliver meets Scrooge would be a fun ride)
9. Edgar Allen Poe (Who wouldn't want to hang with a drunk Poe? Toss in a raven or two, you've got a party!)
10. Edgar Rice Burroughs (Tarzen on speed... could be fun)
11. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (I just want to talk about the 7% solution....why only 7%?)
12. John Irving (After Owen Meany I am in awe of this guy.)
13. Harper Lee (I would've like to have been the one who goaded her into the second book)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you think you've got some horror stories about lawyers? man, could I write volumes!

love the thought of Huck Finn with an Uzi. LOL!

have a happy day!

6:10 AM  
Blogger happytheman said...

That's assuming that Harper Lee wrote the first book....

7:39 AM  
Blogger brooksba said...

I could see you partying with Poe. Might make an interesting time. You've got the alliteration to go with his steady beat.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

I love the book Texas! My husband met Michener and had him sign his Poland book.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Demosthenes said...

Twain is my favorite - I would want to ask him though why the guy wouldn't just consider getting himself another jumping frog?

8:10 AM  
Blogger Hopalong Cassidy said...

1 and 7:

If I write a book featuring lots of uzi action, can I count on you to take a look at it? Thanks to you, I now perceive there is an untapped uzi loving book reader market out there.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

I think that you and Twain who have a great time together!

My recent experience with lawyers was a positive one. I am very grateful for the one I had... she was great! Maybe it is just the male lawyers we need to condem? Naw, I think there may some good ones out there. It is just that there are so many greedy ones, ambulance chasers, and unethical people that have made their career in law. Thankfully, there are some good ones out there as well!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

I love Sherlock Holmes!!!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

amy and tubby - yeah, uzi's would always improve the story line...

happy - you are bordering on blasphemy... (who do you think wrote it? Truman Capote?)

beth, yeah, Poe would've been a hoot, if not in the throe's of depression

bev - I'm jealous of your hubby's michener encounter and yeppers, S.H. rocked.

Dem - it was a matter of honor...

tubby - yup, you write it, I'll peruse it.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home