Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

First Day Back Full of Joy

Yesterday was the first day back to school and our clubs are full, the kids are happy, and the staff seems ready to pounce on making this another fantastic year. I made the rounds at the three inner city clubs and was treated to a gift of smiles, hugs, and happy "Hello Mr. Frustrated!" The excitement of school being back in session, hanging with their friends, and the new challenges of a new grade level seemed to permeate in every setting I visited.

What a kick it was to soak in their excitement and joy. I think this is one of the perks of the job you can't put in a benefits package as the smiles it brings can't be measured in any form of monetary units.

Yuppers, school is back in session and life is good.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oye! that kind of joy makes me want to be a teacher. I'm sure first days are the best days. then that feeling of euphoria disappears with the first big homework assignment.

how I wish I could go back to kindergarten. that was bliss!

10:33 AM  
Blogger brooksba said...

School started already? Wow. Maybe I'm just use to Minnesota. Our schools start after Labor Day. They don't get out until June though.

First days were always the best. They were the one day all year when you wanted to go to school.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

I feel your smile!

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home