Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

A Week of Leaving

It seems this last week has been one child leaving after another. Cryss and SIL have headed off to Buffalo, Slvr went back to Arkansas, and tomorrow Kara leaves for San Antonio. Toss in a son who is already way too far away and suddenly the emptiness of this town is strong. What should one do during such times as these?

I am open to suggestions. I know I will be playing more frisbee golf and walking more. Will miss them all terribly and in fact have already started feeling the lonliness. Keep telling myself they are off to great adventures, making their own way through this world. May they enjoy rich blessings as they continue to grow in their lives. I hope they all know how proud I am of each of them. Don't always understand what they do, but I think that feeling is mutual. I am convinced it is the part of the maturing process we as older adults and they as young adults must go through. Hopefully, when this ol' life is done we will have reached the end of it with a better understanding of each other with each of us respecting the other's place in this world.

Sigh.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rhodent said...

You need to take a trip... Key West, Gatlinburg, Washington DC, Chicago, St. Louis, Aspin... something different for you. Fit in some fishing and some sight seeing... for you maybe a few cemeteries... and you can return home refreshed... at least for a while! I always miss my kids.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Demosthenes said...

4 words on how to handle this emptiness - ROAD TRIP TO MINNESOTA! Actually, nowadays you'd probably fly cheaper up here. Come on man! Think of the walley, the bass (small and large mouth), the Carp (ok don't think about the Carp), the Northerns, oh and did I already mention the Walleye?

6:26 AM  
Blogger STAG said...

An empty nest is a good time to clean it. About 6 months after I left, my parents sent me a letter. It went something like this... "Dear Gold Tooth (I always WAS a flash in the pan...)you won't recognize the house when you come home. We've moved. I know you wanted to get rid of all that kid stuff, so we burned that pile of old comic books, (the ones you had in the plastic sleeves) and we got your room painted. The painter was a nice man who didn't even charge us much to clean out your silly old baseball card collection. He had to paint you room, so we got rid of all those rock n' roll posters you had all over the room. They were getting a little tattered anyway, I mean, why would you want an "Inagural Hendrix Tour poster anyway?"

Well, stay safe
...yr lovin family
....

10:52 AM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

wow, all these great trip options... hmm, all of them sound good as fishing is involved.

stag, how long did you whimper while curled up in the fetal position? I had a friend who paid for a semester of college by selling off his comic book collection... I can only imagine.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home