Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

A most Interesting Wedding

The couple were ex-employees of mine, having worked in the clubs for at least two years. The kids adored them, they adored the kids and it was obvious they adore each other. I have to admit I was pleased to receive an invitation to their wedding and sitting in a crowded auditorium with other club members and their church family, I was treated to quite a show. I've never been to such a wedding in my life and coming from a rather conservative religious background there were aspects of it that caught me off guard. For instance,

  • The praise song during the unity candle ceremony where majority of the room was jumping up and down with hands raised in the air, swaying to the music.
  • Bride and groom leaving to hip hop music, dancing down the aisle
  • A cellist improv moment when the groomsmen entered (the cellist was excellent with sheet music and had a marvelous talent... during the improv moment...well, let's just say he kept losing track of which way he was heading...)
  • Having the couple go through their marriage vows twice
  • Christmas trees on the stage. Like six of seven of them.

The wedding was fun and I am happy for the couple. I didn't go to the reception as my grandmom called letting me know she was in town and wanted to know if I could drop by and see her and my recuperating aunt. I bet it was a hoot though.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rhodent said...

My sister had jugglers at her wedding... it was definately different!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

I love Christmas trees! What a great idea! But I think I would substiture ficus trees with white lights!

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home