Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day Lament

So here it is Labor Day and I feel like I've been left out in the rain, runover by a truck, and then buried by some cat who thinks I look like I need burying. Labor Day should be a day about barbecues, playing frisbee golf, shooting targets or dove hunting, or even better, just hanging with friends and enjoying the day off from work.

Not me...sigh, I've brought home a truckload of work, rented a movie, and plan to take a long nap to see if I can't sleep off this funk. So in full lament mode, I offer the following...

I know it is Labor Day
A day for taking it easy
But I must confess my dismay
At finding myself a bit queasy.

I should be out having fun
Enjoying myself to the max
Maybe playing in the sun
And taking time to just relax.

But no, not me, I must fetch
Work to enjoy in my own home
So if I feel the urge to retch
I'm close to the ceramic throne.

Have a great Labor Day friends
May you enjoy it to the absurd
Cause today I know that I'll spend
Flipping this holiday the bird.

cheers

4 Comments:

Blogger Page Turner said...

If it's any consequence, I didn't have fun today because 1) I still feel shitty from the other night's fiasco, 2) I was too busy doing yard work, 3)I got sunburnt, and 4) (this one pisses me off) three clients showed up to my place when they should KNOW I don't have regular hours today...the first one was at 8am and he was very rude. Bastards!

4:00 PM  
Blogger -c said...

Man... i hate those cats who think you look like you need burying. I don't know how they ever get hired for those grave-digging gigs...

5:51 PM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

ah, misery loves company.

4:45 AM  
Blogger Kuntry Konfession said...

ackh! shoulda coulda woulda..... next time play hookie and go on fishin!...or do it when you gots to go to work....that way you'd feel good bout not being at work. just remember to make a top half body copy of yourself so your work buddies never knew you've left the building.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home