Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Thursday Thirteen 10/19/06

Thirteen Books Everyone Should Read

1. The Bible

2. The Koran

3. Sun Tzu's "The Art of War"

4. To Kill a Mockingbird

5. Idylls of the King

6. Merchant of Venice

7. The Giving Tree

8. A Prayer for Owen Meany

9. The Twelfth Angel

10. Gulliver's Travels/The Dead Baby Cookbook (Either one will give a taste of Swift's social satire)

11. The Chosen

12. A Bridge Too Far/The Longest Day

13. The Reluctant Messiah

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Rhodent said...

Hmmm...looks like I have a few books to add to my "need to read" list. I have only read 4 of the thirteen listed. Sigh, "L" will be soooo embarassed!

4:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've read #1. yup. all of it.

love nos. 4, 6, 7, 10, and 13.

I've never read #5, but heard it's good. I'll have to check it out.

this is not a boring list, mark. these are the best kinds of 13s in my opinion. they give me good ideas.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Lord Swayne said...

#6 is Shakespeare, right? Please kill me for asking such a stupid question.

My TT is up.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

LS, absolutely! I could have named Romeo and Juliet, Julius Caesar, MacBeth, Midsummer's Night Dream, or a host of others, but the Merchant of Venice had such a clever twist in it and stayed playful throughout, much like the Taming of the Shrew. I thought is was Shakespeare at his most creative. Oh, Othello would be excellent too.

11:56 AM  
Blogger STAG said...

Interesting choices.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home