Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Character Defects

The meeting tonight had us discuss Step #7 where you humbly admit your character defects and ask the Higher Power to remove them. Hoo boy, admitting to a group of people that you have character flaws... especially when I'm pretty sure I am just a shade off of that level of perfection most humans lust after. Okay, make that a whole lot of shades off that level, but still, having to expose yourself to the group is rather risky but hey, why go if you aren't in for a penny, in for a pound?

"Wulp... my character defect I'm working on is bitterness and frankly, I'm a bit bitter I am still having to work on it..."

There, I got it out in the open. Whew, my turn is over and I can just relax and listen to everyone else. Wait, they want to go around again and mention another character defect? What? My bitterness isn't good enough for you, you want more? Sheesh, what slave drivers!

"Okay, I have a fear of failure that drives me to be controlling at times..." Whew, that wasn't so bad. I hope I passed their litmus test...

Double sheesh.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

Admitting faults is never easy, important to know what they are, but we like to hide our "bad" parts away. Wanting to be in control and bitterness are natural though. With being bitter, at least you know that you care(d).

12:52 AM  
Blogger -c said...

Admitting Fear of failure for those afraid of failing sets off all kinds of "You rock!" positive litmus paper passes. this post made me giggle with empathy:)

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home