Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Friday finally

It is Friday morning, early, and I'm looking towards some quality writing time so I can finish up grants that are due today. A Board meeting at noon... Laundry to pick up... Lights to hang... Food to cook for a meal ... if that doesn't inspire poetry, nothing else will...

Friday Lament

Well it is Friday, my friend
A week of utter insanity
I hoped someone would extend
A chance to re-enter humanity.

People have demanded my time
Appointments out the wahzoo
I wonder if it would be a crime
If I snuck off and hung with you.

A moment to get away from it all
And let my mind wash clear
Of deadlines, reports and pitfalls
Just hanging with a friend so dear.

Oh well the clock is ticking
Another day of challenges to meet
But if I was doing the picking
Friday, we'd be hitting the street.

Hope your Friday and weekend are good ones!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

brilliant! at least with a lot of stuff to do, the day should go faster.

have a great weekend Mark!!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Hopalong Cassidy said...

Only "a week of utter insanity"? Sometimes I think I'm involved in "utter insanity" for 365 days a year. Good luck on trying "to re-enter humanity"!

P.S.

I will do what any good "friend" would do for a person faced with people making time demands on them and that is ask for some of your time! The Popcorn and Gravy movie club has a second installment, this time at Megan's blog, Diary of a Raving Lunatic. A movie comment by anyone is welcome there (including one by the official head critic of the club).

10:11 AM  
Blogger brooksba said...

I hope you have a good weekend! This time of year seems to speed up and everyone gets caught up in the hectic plans. Relaxation is the last thing that is on everyone's list and the #1 thing that should be there. It's funny, the time speeds up, except for the bad weather seems to extend. Odd.

12:24 PM  
Blogger -c said...

Frustrated, it always amazes me how you always seem to be so busy and yet are such a prolific and entertaining blog poster. You are an inspiration to us all!

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home